Strategic Directions for the Synod of New South Wales and the ACT
Adopted as strategic directions for the Synod as a council of the church and as an operational structure for the period November 2006 to October 2011.
1. To develop a vibrant faith in Christ and God’s mission by exploring, modelling, encouraging, enabling and resourcing discipleship.
2. To explore and respond to the searching for spiritual experience that is a profound impulse in the lives of many people in the Australian community.
3. To engage with credibility in actions of reconciliation, justice and peace for Christ’s sake.
4. To take initiatives and to work with presbyteries, new and existing congregations and faith communities in the hope of transforming communities.
5. To strengthen the integrity of the Uniting Church's ministry.
6. To ensure sustainable funding and resources to enable mission.
See also Moderator's Vision Statement